Responsibilities of a HR generalist include recruiting, documentation, benefits as well as compliance of the organization. An HR generalist of an organization may handle all or some of these responsibilities depending upon the structure and size of the organization. They should be proficient in all traits of the human resource managements and should have respectable number of years of experience working in different profiles of the human resource management.
- HR generalist plays an active role in the recruitment process of the employees
- They look for productive and skilled employees for the organization and assist the recruiters in scheduling interviews
- They conduct interview and are involved in negotiating with the employees on salary related issues
- Managing employee disputes and conducting exit interviews of the employees
- Hiring the employees and firing the employees is also done by the HR generalists
- Documenting employee benefit policies and designing other administrative policies is also responsibility of HR generalist
- Retaining the employees by designing attractive policies for them
- Maintain detailed records of the employees; their salaries, performance, leaves, etc.
- They follow the current industry trends in designing salary structure for the employees
- Implement disciplinary rules in the company and explain company policies to the employees
- Manage health and safety related issues with the management and help the company in implementing proper policies for the safety of the employees .